Questions for your Doctor:
- Are my sugars within target?
- Is my blood pressure under control?
- Is my cholesterol within target?
- Have I taken all the steps to manage my smoking and stress?
- Is my exercise and weight plan right for me?
- What can I do to manage my heart health?
- Am I on a medication that can reduce my risk of dying from problems related to my heart and blood vessels?
In Canada, there are currently two available treatments indicated, along with diet and exercise, to reduce the risk of dying from heart disease if you have type 2 diabetes and a history of heart disease. For more information about these options, talk to your doctor.
Living with Diabetes
After diagnosis, you may feel overwhelmed, but there’s help out there if you need it.get support