Orange coconut cookies
Enjoy a taste of summer, any time of year.
Developed by Emily Richards (PH Ec.)
30 minutes (prep: 10 mins / cook: 20 mins)
- 1 cup (250 mL) large flake oats
- ¾ cup (175 mL) chopped and pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened coconut
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hulled pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) grated orange rind
- Calories 112
- Carbs 13 g
- Sugar 6 g
- Fibre 2 g
- In a food processor, pulse together oats, dates and coconut until dates are broken up and mixture sticks together. Remove to a bowl and stir in pumpkin seeds, oil and orange rind until well combined.
- Using a heaping tablespoon (15 mL) roll into a ball and shape into a 2 inch (5 cm) by ½ inch (1 cm) thick round. Place onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in 325 °F (170 °F) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and firm. Let cool before eating.
Tip: Store at room temperature to keep the cookies slightly crisp on the outside. For a chewier and soft cookie, refrigerate in a resealable bag or container.
© 2022 Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. Reproduced with permission from the Heart and Stroke Foundation.