Oatmeal choco-cranberry cookies
Who knew you could jam so many delicious flavours into one cookie?
Developed by Emily Richards (PH Ec.)
25 minutes (prep: 10 mins / bake: 15 mins)
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) large flake oats
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground flax or chia seed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dried cranberries
- Calories 73
- Carbs 13 g
- Sugar 5 g
- Fibre 2 g
- In a bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together oats, flax and cinnamon. Stir into banana mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Scoop dough into 12 mounds onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten each slightly and bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 12 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch. Let cool before removing from baking sheet.
© 2022 Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. Reproduced with permission from the Heart and Stroke Foundation.